Friday, May 29, 2015

My love and passion for animals


Picture: Me holding a duck during mud fight at Bali, Indonesia

Age didn't really mattered to me but my passion and love for animals remained same throughout. I remember my days when I went back home from school, I used to meet our cattle and other domesticated animals before meeting my parents and relatives. Still today I do the same although we really don't have as many number of animals to that of the past. I always used to talk to them although they don't talk verbally. But, I understood their message through gestures and movements. At times some of the calf became so friendly that they take positions to fight back and tease you. I just loved those movements. 

A goat in Tsimalakha town giving a pose as I took a Goatfie

This Goat I met in Tsimalakha was so cool and friendly and I could make out through its eyes that it had no personal goals or agendas like human beings. It just wanted to live, grab a bellyful grass and take a shelter in a safe place. Sometimes I wish I could eat grass and combat heat and cold through summers and winters where I could just wander and lead a simple life. May be because of exposure and responsibilities I am carried away but it I just want to "live and let others live". It also hits me why am I between this complex world which demands so many stupid formalities and justification. 

Me with Yaks in Sikkim Photo courtesy: Dr. Deki Gyamtsho

When I saw these herd of Yaks, I was so happy and felt if I could stay back with these animals and play with them forever. I forget everything and I can't be more happy than being in between these animals. I don't want a luxurious life. I don't want a furnished house and five star resort for vacation. I would rather choose to be in between any animals and play with them, feed grass and talk to them.  

A calf paying full attention to my camera as it wants the picture to be clear and nice

Look at this picture of a young calf who is so innocent and cute. I just love this fellow and gets my full attention when I am back home. But now it has grown older and tries mingling with larger herd, sometimes gets thrashed for no reason. Yet has no grudge and is same within a while. I wish I could return home soon and meet her again.

                                         
Me feeding a Goat in India Photo courtesy: Dr Deki Gyamtsho

I don't know if it has turned into mutton or it is still living but no doubt it was so friendly and beautiful. I know I can do nothing to help this Goat but I feel so happy that I met it someday and hope to meet again. The love that I could share with this animal made me so happy. I had told before and I am saying now that I just want to be happy in life.

Calf of a Buffalo feeling shy as it know it will face racism against its colour.haha....

Buffalos are one of the most friendly animals that I have ever encountered in my life. Off course they are vary lazy too but these animals are very cool and lovely. Like every other animals they just want to feed good grass, swim in ponds and sleep flat on a sunny ground. They are crazy about salts and won't mind to consider you as their best friends if you promise them salts. I really used to feed them salt quite often as we reared them in the past but not anymore. 
There is also a tale between Yaks and Buffalos which I will narrate it briefly here. Yak and Buffalos are believed to be relatives and somewhere they heard that they can find salt in the North. They were so excited and wanted it immediately. Buffalo was believed to be the older sister and the Yak was younger at the time when this incident took place. The younger one, being physically strong decided to go North, looking for salt and the Buffalo agreed. The older sister gave all her fur to protect from the younger one from chilly cold and helped the Yak to pack all necessities as it would be a long journey. The Yak then left in search of salt to the destination unknown, which was miles away. 
Days passed by followed by weeks and months, the Yak was never back. Each day, Buffalo kept its hopes alive and prayed for her sister to return. Her desires for having fresh salt of the Himalayas kept on burning but in vain. The Buffalo had no other dreams than salt but only thing she could do was to hope. In span of time, the Buffalo grew old and could barely walk and knew she was going to die soon. Before dying, she cursed her sister for everything and said that they should never meet again.
So today, the descendants of Yak lives in high regions while the Buffalos lives in hot climatic conditions. But I have seen and met both these animals and are equally friendly and nice. Both have served human to the extend possible with milk, dung, meat, skin and fur etc. Despite these beautiful qualities they are hard core enemies as neither can't survive in each others environment. 



Me and Crocodile (Dummy)

In streets of Bangalore, as I walked by, my friends used to laugh at me when I use to play with street cows and dogs. But all these didn't bother me much because I was happy play with them and nothing else mattered for me. 


A street dog in Paro

Lastly, I have so much love and passion for all animals and would continue to do so regardless of any situation ahead in my life. I vividly remember my horse that use to seek place inside my jacket for warmness. It was so friendly and lovely. I use to take a ride and take him for water. I remember that it had no patience to wait for maize grains which I use to feed him everyday.
My brother riding the horse (Kale) as they pause for the click

Life was so beautiful and fun to be with such wonderful animals. It was awesome indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment