Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Journey that brought me here today



Under a thatched roof early morning at around 7 am when the birds had done with their morning songs I was born to a poor lady of a house. I was the youngest of the seven children born from my mother and two from my elder mom who expired long time before I was born making the total of nine siblings.  Of the seven kids born to my mother one expired at very young age and fortune had blessed with rest of us. I was not born with any auspicious signs except some hard labor pain that my mom had.
Life was quite difficult at that time and many a times I remember walking bare foot and wearing old clothes, which barely protected the hot winters ironically. Yet life went on and it is very memorable till these days. My village was one of the most remote area in the entire country and it took a full day to reach the nearest road and this factor was a major cause for lack of infra structures and other basic facilities. Most of the people were trapped with agricultural works and few family members with cattle’s as they stayed in jungles for months. At times I too accompanied my father or brothers to these thick jungles and stayed for couple of days. I did enjoyed those moments and still they are the best among others. Those days I was not aware of the changes taking place in the outside world and each moment I lived with happiness and to the fullest.
 Back at village I remember setting fire on a hay pile and everything was burnt down to ashes but luckily it was my uncles. That incident made me not to go to his house for about one month although I was accompanied by his own grand son. We went to jungles to cut fodder for cattle’s sharing dreams of life. I remember my uncle’s grand son telling stories how he saw trains in Sarpang and I wondered how it really looked. But later I found that there was no train track at Sarpang, not even nearby but still I wonder how he gave the correct descriptions.
At the age of seven I went to school leaving my old way of life yet the best and I first started my school at Khaling Lower Secondary School. Then I moved to Kurichu LSS and then to Gyelpozhing HSS where I completed my class 12 exams. After 12 as I could not qualify for any degree course under government scholarship I pursued my tertiary education privately adding extra burden to my family which I felt very guilty at times because although capable I could not make my parents proud, my brother the most. Yet with their gratitude I completed my degree with very good grades and I was preparing for RCSC exams then.
I easily cleared Preliminary exams and I sat for main exams, which I did well. One day I just bought one newspaper where I saw vacancy at my current school and I applied as I had little fear for my RCSC results that everyone has. Suddenly I got an email, which was from my current school, and they called me for interview where I got selected very easily. I started teaching and since it was first girls high school I thought to continue even though I got through RCSC and would have been qualified for some government job which people think is secured. Yet I continued here may be my faith was pre written to be at Royal Academy which I truly dreamed from the day I had applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment